您当前的位置：首页 > Industry knowledge
Now that you can hear polymer lithium batteries and lithium-ion batteries everywhere, what is the difference between the two, which is better? Today, the polymer lithium battery supplier will take you to see.
A lithium-ion battery is a secondary battery (rechargeable battery) that relies on the movement of lithium ions between the positive and negative electrodes. During the discharge process, Li+ is reciprocally embedded and deintercalated between the two electrodes; when charging, Li+ falls from the positive electrode, and the electrolyte is embedded in the negative electrode, and the negative electrode is in a lithium-rich state; The application prospects of lithium-ion batteries are very broad, and now they are mainly used in mobile phones and notebook computers, and are representative of modern high-performance batteries. Lithium battery classification According to the electrolyte material used in lithium ion battery, lithium ion battery is divided into liquid lithium ion battery (Liquified Lithium-Ion Battery, referred to as LIB) and polymer lithium ion battery (Polymer Lithium-Ion Battery, PLB for short). Or plastic lithium ion battery (Plastic Lithium Ion Batteries, referred to as PLB).
Lithium polymer battery and lithium ion battery The difference between the positive and negative materials used in the polymer lithium ion battery is the same as that of the liquid lithium ion. The positive electrode material is divided into lithium cobaltate, lithium manganate, ternary material and lithium iron phosphate material. The negative electrode is graphite, and the battery operation principle is also different. Their primary difference is the difference in electrolytes. Liquid lithium-ion batteries use liquid electrolytes, and polymer lithium-ion batteries are replaced by solid polymer electrolytes, which can be either "dry" or "colloidal". Most of the polymer gel electrolytes are now used.
Lithium polymer batteries and lithium ion batteries are good lithium polymer batteries. Lithium polymer batteries are the replacement products for lithium-ion batteries. Related to the current prevailing lithium-ion battery, it has the advantages of large capacity, small size (thin), and safety (no blasting). However, because the replacement needs of the entire industry chain must be at a time, its cost (cost) is still relatively high, and it is only used in high-end digital products (ultra-thin notebook computers, etc.).
The advantages of lithium polymer battery are as follows:
1. The operating voltage of lithium polymer battery cells is as high as 3, 6v~3, 8v, which is much higher than the voltage of 1, 2V of nickel-hydrogen and nickel-cadmium batteries.
2. Lithium polymer battery has high capacity density, and its capacity density is 1, 5~2, 5 times, or higher than nickel-hydrogen battery or nickel-cadmium battery.
3. The lithium polymer battery has a small self-discharge, and its capacity loss is small after being placed for a long time.
4, lithium polymer battery has a long life, normal use of its cycle life can reach more than 500 times.
5, lithium polymer battery has no memory effect, do not have to vent the remaining power before charging, use the convenience.
6. Good safety performance The polymer lithium battery is made of aluminum plastic flexible packaging, which is different from the metal casing of the liquid battery. Once the safety hazard occurs, the liquid battery is easy to blast, and the polymer battery is more airy.
7, the thickness is small, can be made thinner lithium polymer battery is ultra-thin, the battery can be assembled into the credit card. Generally, the liquid lithium battery adopts the method of customizing the outer casing and plugging the positive and negative materials. The thickness is 3 to 6 mm and there is a technical bottleneck. The polymer battery core does not have this problem, and the thickness can be less than 1 mm, which meets the needs of current mobile phones. direction.
8. A component of a light lithium polymer battery using a polymer electrolyte does not require a metal shell as a protective outer package. The polymer battery component is 40% lighter than the equivalent capacity standard steel-shell lithium battery and 20% lighter than the aluminum-shell battery.
9. Large-capacity polymer lithium battery is 10-15% higher than the equivalent size standard steel shell battery, 5-10% higher than aluminum shell battery, becoming a color screen mobile phone and MMS mobile phone, and now the new color screen and MMS mobile phone on the market. Polymer cores are also mostly used.
10. The internal resistance of the small polymer lithium battery cell is smaller than that of the general liquid battery. Now the internal resistance of the domestic polymer battery can be less than 35mΩ, which greatly reduces the self-consumption of the battery and extends the mobile phone. The standby time, the complete can reach the degree of international integration. This kind of polymer lithium battery that supports large discharge current is the ambition of the remote control model, and it is more desirable to replace the nickel-hydrogen battery.
11. The shape can be customized. The manufacturer does not have to be limited to the standard shape, and can be economically made into a suitable size. The polymer lithium battery can increase or decrease the thickness of the battery according to the customer's needs, develop a new battery model, the price is cheap, the mold opening period is short, and some can be customized according to the shape of the mobile phone, so as to fully utilize the battery casing space and improve battery capacity.
12. Discharge characteristics The polymer lithium battery uses a colloidal electrolyte. Compared with the liquid electrolyte, the colloidal electrolyte has stable discharge characteristics and a higher discharge channel.
13. The protection board planning is simple. Because the polymer material is selected, the polymer lithium battery cell can not ignite or blast, and the battery core itself has sufficient safety. Therefore, the protection circuit planning of the polymer battery can be omitted by omitting the PTC and the fuse, thereby saving Battery cost.